Frequently Asked Questionsget answers to common questions
Photographers love taking photos, but when it comes to selling their photos the task seems daunting to most. Instaproofs makes selling your photo online a breeze. Through our customizable online photography storefronts, we empower photographers everywhere to easily grow and promote their businesses. With Instaproofs, you can chase your passion for photography while at the same time managing and selling your photos with ease. We know that you have some questions for us, so please read through our FAQs below and let us know if we can help you with anything else.
- How much does Instaproofs cost?
- Are all transactions conducted in USD$?
- Are there any 'hidden costs' that I should be aware of?
- Does Instaproofs fulfill the orders?
- How will I know when an order has been placed?
- Is there a maximum number of images that can be uploaded?
- How long do events stay online?
- What types of payments are accepted on the storefronts?
- Is collected credit card information secure?
- How do I get paid for my orders?
- How often will I be paid?
- Can I be paid via direct deposit?
- Is Instaproofs available in any language other than English?
- What size should I upload my images at?
- How many images can I upload at once?
- How do I upload my images?
- What are the collected email addresses used for?
- Are email addresses sold, rented or given to any 3rd party?
- Can the promotional emails be unsubscribed from?
- How can I re-arrange and organize my images within an event?
- Can I sell things like DVDs, packages and picture frames?
- Can I change my logo, watermark and front page image after they have been uploaded?
- How can I link to my Instaproofs storefront?
Gleam Photography LLC
Have a question that isn't answered here?Click here to contact us!
How much does Instaproofs cost?
There is an 8% - 15% service fee on all orders placed through your Instaproofs storefront, based on the highest priced item that was ordered. The fee breakdown is as follows:
|Highest Priced Item||Service Fee for Order|
|$0.00 - $200.00||15.0%|
|$200.00 - $499.99||13.0%|
|$500.00 - $749.99||12.0%|
|$750.00 - $999.99||11.0%|
|$1,000.00 - $1,499.99||10.0%|
|$1,500.00 - $1,999.99||9.0%|
|$2,000.00 - $10,000.00||8.0%|
Non-USD transactions follow the same fee schedule, with the only difference being the currency type that is used.
For additional information on our fees, please see the following: Instaproofs Fee Schedule
Are all transactions conducted in USD$?
No, we currently accept payments in USD, GBP, AUD, EUR, and CAD.
Patricia Willis Photography
Does Instaproofs fulfill the orders?
It depends. Photographers interested in having Instaproofs fulfill their orders can purchase a high-resolution subscription plan, which enables our fulfillment services options. If a photographer does not have a high resolution subscription, or if they choose not to fulfill their orders through Instaproofs, they may fulfill their orders on their own using the lab of their choice.
How will I know when an order has been placed?
An email will be sent to you immediately after each order is placed, and the order details are also made available to you online within your Instaproofs administrative account.
Is there a maximum number of images that can be uploaded?
Not at this time. You may upload as many images as you would like, but be aware that uploading too many images may cause a problem for your customers looking for a particular shot. Upload your best work, plus some others that you believe that people may be interested in buying.
How long do events stay online?
With a standard account, events can stay online for up to 9 months. You may set the limit to something smaller if you would like to, or you may extend the limit to 12 months for a small fee. There is no time limit for events on accounts with a high resolution subscription.
What types of payments are accepted on the storefronts?
For USD transactions Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and PayPal are accepted. For non-USD transactions Visa, MasterCard and PayPal are accepted.
Matt Kuhn Photography
Is collected credit card information secure?
Yes. When a person places an order through your storefront, all of their payment information is sent directly to our processor through a secure connection and their credit card information is never stored on our servers. By immediately discarding the credit card information, many of the risks of having this information exploited or stolen are eliminated.
How do I get paid for my orders?
If you're a photographer based in the USA, payment can be sent to you through PayPal, direct deposit, or a paper check. If you are a photographer outisde of the USA, or if you plan to use a currency other than the USD$, payment is sent through PayPal. Click here for more information on our payment policies.
ulrike perkins photography
How often will I be paid?
Depending on the method that is used, payment is sent either weekly or bi-weekly to photographers owed 20 ($/€/£) or more in fulfilled orders.
Our payment schedule for direct deposit payments is as follows: Payment is initiated every Tuesday morning (the “payment date”) for orders that were (a) received through your Storefront at least five calendar days prior to the payment date, and (b) given a fulfilled status (either “Shipped” or “Ready for Pickup”) before 11:59PM on the night directly preceding the payment date.
For example, if the payment date is Jan 20th, eligible orders would need to have been placed through your storefront by 11:59PM on Jan 15th and given a fulfilled status by 11:59PM on Jan 19th.
The payment schedule for PayPal and paper check payments is the same as for direct deposits, with the only difference being that the payment is sent bi-weekly instead of weekly.
For additional details on the payment schedule, please see the following: Instaproofs Payment Schedule
Can I be paid via direct deposit?
Yes! Payment can be sent to any US checking account through direct deposit. When direct deposit is selected as your payment preference, the payment will be sent according to the schedule outlined above and it will arrive in your bank account 1-2 business days after the payment's "sent date."
Is Instaproofs available in any language other than English?
Not at this time.
What size should I upload my images at?
For a standard account, the optimal size to upload is 1280px on the largest side (1280x1024, etc.). Uploading your images at this size will allow the images to display nicely on your storefront while at the same time saving you quite a bit of upload time when compared to uploading full-sized images.
Aaron Courter Photography
How many images can I upload at once?
You are free to upload as many images as you would like at one time, but the time it takes to upload them will depend on the speed of your connection and the size and number of the images being uploaded.
How do I upload my images?
Uploading your images can be done in many ways, including (1) FTP, (2) Lightroom or Aperture, (3) our custom image uploader for PCs, and (4) web based image uploaders through our website. You are free to use whichever method feels the most convenient and easy to you.
Kim Kiely Photography
What are the email addresses used for when they are collected through my storefront?
If you choose to require email addresses on your storefront (we highly recommend it), the email addresses are added to a reminder email system that you can use to send out emails when an event is expiring, when a discount period is expiring, when an event goes online, etc. These types of promotional emails help generate a significant portion of many photographers' sales volume and we highly recommend that you use them as a normal part of your online business strategy.
Are collected email addresses sold, rented or given to any 3rd party?
No. We do not rent/sell/give away any of the email addresses collected through our storefronts.
Can the promotional emails be unsubscribed from?
Yes. Your clients are given a link to unsubscribe at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent from your Instaproofs account.
How can I re-arrange and organize my images within an event?
Images can be arranged and organized within an event in any of the following ways:
• Image names. By default your images are arranged alphanumerically by their uploaded filenames. Changing the image names will cause the image sequence to also change.
• Ratings. By default, every uploaded image is given a rating value of '3.' Ratings go from one through five, with highest rated photographs being displayed first in each category.
• Categories. Instead of dropping your images into a single generic category called 'Wedding' (for example), take the time to organize them into smaller, more precise categories such as 'Bride and Groom', 'Ring Ceremony', 'Guests', 'Candids', etc.. This will make it much easier for your visitors to find the images that they are looking for.
• Drag-and-drop arrangement. If you have used the other three methods and would like to fine-tune the sequence of your images a little more, you can use one of drag-n-drop arrangment pages. Simply drag the image to where you would like it, and then save your changes.
Can I sell things like DVDs, packages, and picture frames?
Yes! Instaproofs was designed to sell photographs as well as any other photography-related products that you would like to offer.
Morgan Bruneel Photography
Once I have uploaded my logo, watermark, and front page image, can I ever change them?
Yes, you may change your customization images as often as you would like. Simply upload the new images over the old ones and you should be good to go!
How can I link to my Instaproofs storefront?
Once you have created an account with us you will be given a personalized URL that points to your storefront. You can add this personalized URL to your personal/business website, your blog, your facebook page, your business cards, etc.